IBM Interconnect 2017 is coming up next month in Las Vegas. Last year’s conference was a whirlwind of useful talks, inspiring hallway conversations, and great networking opportunities. I was exhausted by the week’s end, but it was totally worth it.
One of my favorite sessions from last year was Tanmay Bakshi’s keynote. It was truly inspiring to see someone so young take command of such a large stage and teach us all something. I can’t wait to hear another of his talks.
Open Technology Summit (OTS)
This year, I’m interested to see the talks at the Open Technology Summit. It’s essentially a group of lightning talks from industry experts on a variety of topics. This year’s agenda has talks on OpenStack, Cloud Foundry, Blockchain, and others. Although the event is three hours long, it feels a lot shorter than that since each talk is anywhere from 10-20 minutes long.
The OTS starts on Sunday afternoon, so be sure to arrive in Las Vegas early enough to attend.
Information security is always an interesting topic and I have my eye on the following sessions:
- Watson & Cyber Security: Bringing AI to the Battle (it should be interesting to hear how machine learning can change the game)
- Transforming Security Organizations: Case Studies and Lessons Learned] (I’m always interested in new ways to improve security outside of the systems themselves)
- Turning Traffic Lights Green: Defense and National Security in Cyberspace
- The Austin Convention Center Gets Agile in the Cloud] (hearing the ‘how’ and ‘why’ about customers moving into cloud is valuable)
- Working in Open Communities is the Next Differentiator for Your Solution (Walmart has done a lot in this space and I’m eager to learn more)
- Linux on the Mainframe: Linux Foundation and the Open Mainframe Project
- Open Cloud Demystified: Open Source Leaders Tell All
I hope to see you there!